START TIME | 8:30AM
FINISH TIME | 11:30AM
ACTIVITY LEVEL | MODERATE
DURATION | 3 HOURS
MIN AGE | 12 YRS
PRICE | $110 USD
AVAILABILITY | DAILY
LAKE TAHOE HIKING TOUR - TRIP OVERVIEW
Take a journey on several beautiful Lake Tahoe hiking trails as we head into the backcountry. Ascend into forests of pine, aspen and red fir. Experience mountain streams, waterfalls, alpine lakes and stunning vistas as we travel through glacier carved granite mountains. Throughout the hike we’ll discuss the geology and natural history of how the Lake Tahoe basin took shape nearly 3 million years ago.
We’ll take a break at numerous lakes and scenic outlooks to ensure that you have the opportunity to enjoy the silent wilderness and capture that perfect photo. Throughout the hiking adventure we’ll keep a look out for Tahoe’s abundant wildlife. Upon reaching our final destination we’ll place you front and center for one of Lake Tahoe’s most captivating views.
*Hiking Distance and routes can be custom tailored to your groups ability levels.
Take in breathtaking views high above the Lake Tahoe basin from grand vistas and granite stages.
Knowledgeable Trail Guide
Having a knowledgeable trail guide that knows Lake Tahoe’s trail systems is the best way to experience those hidden places that few know about..
Waterfalls & Mountain Streams
Lake Tahoe’s wilderness is filled with wildlife. We’ll keep an eye out for bald eagles, deer, osprey, coyotes, sage hen, and the elusive California black bear.
Enjoy the peaceful solitude as we hike through Lake Tahoe’s towering forests.
Journey past cascading waterfalls and crystal clear streams as we embark deep into Lake Tahoe’s wilderness.
Learn how the Lake Tahoe basin was formed nearly 3 million years ago. Discover the events that shaped what we see today as well as the individuals that put Tahoe on the map.
* Drive time from South Lake Tahoe is 15 minutes. Detailed directions to each adventure location are provided via email upon booking confirmation to ensure all participants have a hard copy. As with all of Tahoe Jack’s Adventures it is the participants responsibility to arrive at the designated start point on time for all of our excursions.
- Duration | 3 HOURS
- Availability | DAILY
- Distance | 4 MILES
- Expected Fitness Level | MODERATE
- Difficulty | MODERATE
- 8:30AM – 11:30AM
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Knowledgeable Trail Guide
- Natural History Discussion
- Amazing Lake Tahoe Views
- Safe Environment
- Certified Wilderness Guides
WHAT TO BRING
- High Energy Snacks
- Small Backpack for Personal Belongings
- Comfortable Attire
- Hiking Boots / Shoes
- Personal Medication (If Needed)
- Full List emailed upon checkout
- No Children Under 12 Years of Age
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Expecting Mothers Prohibited
- Guests must be fully mobile & in good physical condition