START TIME | 7:30PM
FINISH TIME | 10:30PM
ACTIVITY LEVEL | MODERATE
DURATION | 3 HOURS
MIN AGE | 8 YRS
PRICE | $110 USD
AVAILABILITY | DAILY
LAKE TAHOE NIGHT HIKE - TRIP OVERVIEW
Journey through Lake Tahoe’s forests and along its shorelines as we watch the milky way come to life. Watch the stars shimmer off the waters as we travel into the night and experience Lake Tahoe in complete silence. We’ll explore one of Lake Tahoe’s most pristine trails as we search for constellations and learn about the night sky.
The Lake Tahoe basin has very low amounts of light pollution giving way to an incredibly vibrant night sky. We’ll setup for the show high above Lake Tahoe’s waters and enjoy a hot beverage as we take in the sights.
We’ll take a break at numerous lakes and scenic outlooks to ensure that you have the opportunity to enjoy the silent wilderness and capture that perfect photo. Throughout the hiking adventure we’ll keep a look out for Tahoe’s abundant wildlife. Upon reaching our final destination we’ll place you front and center for one of Lake Tahoe’s most captivating views.
*Hiking Distance and routes can be custom tailored to your groups ability levels.
Vibrant Night Sky
Enjoy the night sky as the the milky way comes to life with brilliant stars overhead.
Our trail guides know the area well and have a vast knowledge of the terrain and trail systems. This ensures you a safe journey through Lake Tahoe’s night surroundings.
Enjoy the stars above as they peer down through the forest canopies.
Enjoy the peaceful solitude as we hike through Lake Tahoe’s towering forests.
Explore the Constellations
We’ll discuss the night sky, it’s constellations and the significance it once played in human interaction and navigation throughout the world.
Lake Tahoe and its wilderness are silent throughout the night and this is the perfect time to experience it!
* Drive time from South Lake Tahoe is 15 minutes. Detailed directions to each adventure location are provided via email upon booking confirmation to ensure all participants have a hard copy. As with all of Tahoe Jack’s Adventures it is the participants responsibility to arrive at the designated start point on time for all of our excursions.
- Duration | 3 HOURS
- Availability | DAILY
- Distance | 4 MILES
- Expected Fitness Level | MODERATE
- Difficulty | EASY – MODERATE
- 7:30PM – 10:30PM
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Knowledgeable Trail Guide
- Head Lamps
- Night Sky Discussion
- Hot Beverages & Smores
- Safe Environment
- Certified Wilderness Guides
WHAT TO BRING
- High Energy Snacks
- Small Backpack for Personal Belongings
- Comfortable Attire
- Hiking Boots / Shoes
- Personal Medication (If Needed)
- Full List emailed upon checkout
- No Children Under 8 Years of Age
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Expecting Mothers Prohibited
- Guests must be fully mobile & in good physical condition