Into the Wild
START TIME | 1:30PM
FINISH TIME | NEXT DAY
ACTIVITY LEVEL | MODERATE
DURATION | 24 HOURS
MIN AGE | 12 YRS
PRICE | $425 USD
AVAILABILITY | DAILY
LAKE TAHOE OVERNIGHT BACKPACK - TRIP OVERVIEW
Leave civilization behind and embark on an adventure deep into Lake Tahoe’s backcountry. Hike through granite mountains, play in towering forests, enjoy mountain meadows and swim in high alpine lakes. We’ll travel distant trails and rugged wilderness to a scenic mountain top lake, where we will we setup for our overnight stay.
Watch the moon rise over the peaks and the stars come to life as we enjoy hot beverages, a good meal and tall tales. Experience Tahoe’s backcountry as it was meant to be. Untapped and untouched. In the morning we’ll enjoy breakfast with nature and some fun around the lake’s edge before making our way back down the trail.
Explore the Backcountry
Journey deep into Tahoe’s backcountry and leave your busy schedule behind. We’ll experience nature as intended. Untapped and untouched.
We’ll setup for our overnight stay on the shorelines of one of the Tahoe’s most scenic Alpine Lakes. Swim, explore and enjoy the scenery from forest covered hillsides and towering granite mountain tops.
Lake Tahoe’s wilderness is filled with wildlife. We’ll keep an eye out for bald eagles, deer, osprey, coyotes, sage hen, and the elusive California black bear.
Let our guides cook for you over an open flame. Dinner and breakfast is included in our all overnight adventures.
Experienced Wilderness Guides
Our guides live to be in Tahoe’s backcountry. We know the trail systems well, wilderness safety protocols and some of the best untraveled destinations two legs can afford.
Watch the night sky come to life. The viewing opportunities at this elevation are unparalleled and give way to experiencing the milky way without civilization’s light pollution.
* Drive time from South Lake Tahoe is 15 minutes. Detailed directions to each adventure location are provided via email upon booking confirmation to ensure all participants have a hard copy. As with all of Tahoe Jack’s Adventures it is the participants responsibility to arrive at the designated start point on time for all of our excursions.
- Duration | 24 HOURS
- Availability | DAILY
- Distance | 8 MILES (R.T.)
- Expected Fitness Level | MODERATE
- Difficulty | MODERATE
- 1:30PM – 12:00PM NEXT DAY
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Knowledgeable Wilderness Guide
- Sleeping Bags
- Misc. Camp Gear
- Meals Included
- Certified Wilderness Guides
WHAT TO BRING
- Full Item List emailed upon checkout
- No Children Under 12 Years of Age
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Expecting Mothers Prohibited
- Guests must be fully mobile & in good physical condition